Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Inspiration always strikes at 3am

Apparently insomnia is good for SOMETHING. Nearly all my good ideas or sudden insights seem to arrive between 2 and 3am as I lie in bed unable to sleep. Last night I had one of those ideas that come all in a sudden flash, instantly filling my mind with a clear vision of what I could/should do.

The question at hand was concerning the art show that myself and a couple friends are planning on having at the beginning of the new year. Lately I've not had any motivation for anything remotely art related, but I thought it would be good to push myself into having to make something. I miss the high productivity that school forced out of me, and having a goal and purpose outside of myself can only lead to good things. Anyhow, I had NO idea what I would do for this show, until last night it suddenly hit me.

I don't want to go into too much detail right now, but it'll be more sculptural (as opposed to paintings), and sort of plays with the idea of a "scientific" study of historical clothing.

All these totally awesome pictures are sort of serving as my visual references for this project.









I can't wait to start working on it!

No comments: